Approval by Vote
Return to main FAQ page
QUESTIONS RELATING TO APPROVALS & VOTING
ANSWERS RELATING TO APPROVALS & VOTING
Which matters require a majority vote?
– adopting an operating budget (s. 103).
Which matters require a 3/4 vote?
- amending bylaws (s. 126);
- authorizing extraordinary expenditures (ss. 96 and 97);
- authorizing a special levy (s. 108);
- authorizing a significant change in the use or appearance of common property, and granting or revoking limited common property designations (ss. 71, 74, and 75);
- acquisition and disposal of property (ss. 78 to 82);
- authorizing litigation (ss. 171 and 172);
- creating or cancelling sections (s. 193);
- amalgamating strata corporations (s. 269) (not applicable to a section)
Which matters require a unanimous vote?
- allocating expenditures other than prescribed by s.99 (unit entitlement) (s. 100)
- amending the strata plan (ss. 257, 259, 262, 263, 265, and 266)
- cancelling the strata plan (ss. 272, 276, and 284)